Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Police shoot the man!!

I visited this web site that was made by Andrea Hahn. http://www.southernillinoisan.com/articles/2007/01/30/top/19047443.txt
Do you know that Carbondale police shot and killed man? This site describes a detail about it. So, you can get more information when you visit this site. In the early morning, Carbondale police officers got a 911 call about a stabbing in progress. They arrived there after 1 min. One of the officers said to the man " Drop the knife." But he didn't. And then, he shot the man. In Memorial Hospital of Carbondale, he was pronounced dead on Monday afternoon.

My Opinion

I was surprised when I heard about it. I had thought Carbondale is very safe. And, Carbondale police officer is wonderful, because they could arrive there for just 1 min! It's so quickly. However, I can't understand the officer's action. Why did he shoot to kill the man? If he needs to shoot, I think he could aim to shoulder or arm and prevent death. We don't know all of situation. So, we can't blame the police. But, It's so sad story.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Very nice job, Mia.