Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Snow Falling on Cedars

I am reading "Snow Falling on Cedars". You can get more information when you visit this site.
http://www.snowfallingoncedars.com/main.html
One character from the book is named Hatsue. I like Hatsue, because she is beautiful, kind and tough. She is Japanese American, but she doesn't forget Japanese traditions. Now, in Japan there are many people who forget them. So, I respect her. Although her husband is accused of murder, she is getting along well. I want to be like her.

-Describe Hatsue-

She is Japanese but grew up in America. She has beautiful black hair and eyes. Her parents sent her to Mrs. Shigemura and she learned how to dance, serve tea etc. And then she was crowned princess of the Strawberry Festival in 1941. She fell in love with Ishmael, who is American. But, no one accepted it. And now, she is married to the accused man.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

You have described Hatsue pretty accurately, Mia. Good job. I also like that you provide a website so we can learn more about the movie and the novel. I wouldn't want my husband to be accused of murder, of course; but if I was in her situation, I hope I'd have Hatsue's grace and strength, too.